FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
16 September 2022
MEDIA CONTACT: Colby W. Sawyer, MPA | (919) 548-3328 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Town of Pittsboro Reminds Residents, Visitors, & Business Owners to Lock Car Doors, Secure Valuables
PITTSBORO, NC – The Town of Pittsboro and the Pittsboro Police Department want to remind all residents, visitors, and business owners to secure all valuables and lock their car doors whenever they are away from their vehicle. The Town, along with other nearby cities and counties across our area, has experienced many car break-ins and vehicle thefts over the past few months.
Of all the break-ins and thefts, nearly all of them were vehicles that had been left unlocked with the keys in them.
The Town offers these great reminders for keeping you and your property safe:
- Always lock your vehicle, even parked in your driveway or garage.
- Always take your keys or fob with you.
- Never leave or hide a smart key, valet key, or spare key anywhere in or on your vehicle, no matter where you park it.
- Never leave your car running while unattended or unlocked.
- If possible, park your vehicle in a locked garage.
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Keep the exterior of homes and driveways well illuminated.
- Close all your vehicle’s windows completely when parked.
- Consider installing a GPS system, a visible anti-theft device, or an audible alarm.
- Never leave valuable personal property or firearms in your vehicle.
- Also, secure the transmitter for your garage door opener to prevent access to your home.
And finally, remember, “If You See Something, Say Something.” Dial 9-1-1 and be ready to provide the police with as much information as possible regarding the description of the suspicious person or vehicle.
SIGN-UP FOR TOWN NEWS ALERTS – Visit THIS WEBPAGE, click on “NOTIFY ME” on the toolbar on the right side of the website, and choose the alert categories you are interested in receiving. If the link does not work, you can access the news page by going to www.pittsboronc.gov and clicking on “VIEW ALL NEWS” at the bottom. Then follow the steps listed above.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK – CLICK HERE or visit www.facebook.com/pittsboronc.gov to LIKE and FOLLOW our page.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE – CLICK HERE or search for “PITTSBORO NC” on YouTube to subscribe.